Friday 2 June 2017

"Trees Are Love, Trees Are Life"... It breaks ones heart to fell them.

After much nagging from the neighbours we have felled some of the poplars that were stretching over their drive. I truly regret the decision in having to fell any tree unnecessarily, but hopefully it keeps the neighbours happy.

My view is that the trees add to the rural view, they provide shelter from the wind, shelter from the hot summer sun, they also help absorb all the water from the paddocks in winter and not to forget the positive effects they have on the environment. But within a couple of hours, twenty 30 year old trees are no more... that's about 600 years of growth lost.

If you are worried about your car, or whatever, I suggest you don't park under the trees on a windy day... that is my opinion on the matter. 

We've left the stumps about 1m high so they can regrow... so all is not lost.

But there is a hell of a mess to clean up.


Beneath the tree there is a guy felling the tree, you can't see him he is lost amongst the toi toi and the digger is controlling the tree as it falls to the ground, so no fences were destroyed in the process. Some rather impressive precision work from the guys, I was impressed.




About 18 trees cut down from the above area, the trees leaning away from the boundary line will remain, I saved what I could.



Health & Safety at it's best, but this wasn't on my property, but excellent work trimming back some of the overhanging branches. I need to get one of those pole saws, fantastic tool to have. But what an expert digger operator.. he was super steady with the bucket. They guy in the bucket has bulls of steel I reckon, when he came down he said he doesn't like heights, what a perfect industry for him to be in!


The mess below to clean up:



Sad to see the trees go, but grateful for the guys and their workmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment